Move to the new university building (Universitätsplatz 3). The collection and the institute are still to be found in the rooms specially created for the plaster cast and original collection.
The K. & K. Ministry of Cultures and Teaching agrees that the "Archeology Collection ... may be called an institute".
Establishment of a "Faculty for classical art archeology" as an additional associate professor position
|1868||Opening of the museum in the Jesuit University (Corner Freiheitsplatz/Hofgasse, today "Old University")|
Instituion of an "archaeological cabinet" of originals, replicas (mainly plaster casts) and photographs for the Realienkunde support of the support of the old language education by the classical philologists Karl Schenkl and Max von Karajan.
ContactOffice Mag.phil. Sabine Sturmann
Mo–Fr: 08:30 AM – 12:00 AM
ContactLibrary Mag. phil. Martin Jandrisits
Tue – Wed: 12:00 – 05:00 PM